One of the greatest mother-daughter moments of all time occurs when:
- A mother and daughter are shopping for a dress for the daughter.
- The mother sees a dress she knows is exactly the right cut and color for the daughter, and that it will look fabulous on her.
- The mother hands the daughter the dress.
- The daughter does NOT say the following: "I would never wear that." "That's an old-person dress." "Eww. No."
- The daughter cheerily says, "OK," and takes the dress into the dressing room.
- The daughter comes out in the dress, twirls in front of the mirror and says, "I love it."
- The mother says, "It's the perfect cut for you," and the daughter says, "I know. Thank you."
Four new dresses, and she's beautiful in each one. And I, obviously, am awesome. :)
Caroline, in the infamous 8:45 p.m. dress