Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dexterous toes



Before I received the call this morning that Dad was on the way to the hospital, Kevin (my husband, for those of you who don't know him) and I were embroiled in a serious conversation -- one about dexterous toes.

Dexterous toes are toes that do things. (Think of the paws of raccoons or lemurs -- they grasp and hang on.) I happen to have extremely dexterous toes. I can, for example, grasp tiny things that fall onto the floor, such as safety pins and pennies, and retrieve them using only my toes. I can manipulate buttons on the TV with my toes. The list goes on.

Do most people have dexterous toes? I don't know, but my husband sure doesn't. And he made a not-very-funny comment about his being further along the evolutionary chain than I am. His jealousy is soooo unflattering ...

And speaking of people who have dexterous toes, something tells me Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders does. And speaking of the Pretenders, I really enjoyed singing along at the top of my lungs to "Brass in Pocket" as I drove home from the hospital. Gonna use my hands, gonna use my legs ... gonna use my dexterous toes.




No comments:

Post a Comment